Ginger Beef with Peanuts and Noodles
250 grams grass fed rump steak
100 grams udon noodles
80 grams green beans
20 grams ginger
2 tbsp peanuts
2 spring onions
1 red capsicum
2 tbsp soy sauce*
0.5 tsp cornflour*
1 tbsp honey*
– trim steaks and cut into thin strips with a sharp knife
– peel and finely grate ginger
– wash and chop capsicums
– wash, trim and chop green beans
– wash and thinly slice spring onions diagonally
– pop a pan of water on to boil
1. Toss beef with half the soy sauce and a little oil in a bowl.
2. Blend cornflour with a little water with the back of a spoon until smooth. Stir in remaining soy sauce, honey and ginger.
3. Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes until the noodles loosen and are tender. Drain and cover to keep warm.
4. Heat a large wok over a very high heat. Stir-fry beef in batches for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
5. Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add capsicums, beans and whites of onions. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until almost tender. Add sauce mixture to wok with beef, noodles and peanuts. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot.
6. Serve stir-fry scattered with greens of onions.