Curry Cauliflower Fritters with Salad
300 grams cauliflower
200 grams chickpeas
60 grams baby spinach
20 grams coriander
2 tbsp mango chutney
2 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp currants
1 Lebanese cucumber
2 tbsp self-raising flour*
0.5 cup Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– cut cauliflower into small florets
– wash baby spinach
– wash coriander, pick leaves and finely chop stems
– wash and chop cucumber
– peel and grate carrots
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– combine yoghurt and chutney
1. Boil cauliflower for 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain well. Cool slightly
2. Whisk flour, curry powder, coriander stems, eggs and water in a large bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower breaking up any larger pieces.
3. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to shallow fry. Add ¼ cup batter for each fritter. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side over a medium heat, or until browned and cooked. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Combine yoghurt and chutney, add a few drops of water if consistency is too thick.
5. Serve fritters with salad, drizzle with dressing.