Crispy Skin Lemon Salmon with Avocado and Corn Salsa
300 grams skin-on Atlantic salmon
100 grams green beans
20 grams coriander
1 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
1 corn cobs
1 tsp red wine vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
^local asparagus as pictured is unavailable
– peel and crush garlic
– rinse and zest lemon
– rinse and trim beans
– remove silk and husks from corn cobs
– finely dice avocados
– rinse and finely chop red chilli
– rinse and roughly chop coriander
1. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add corn and beans. Cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until lightly charred. Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine garlic, lemon juice and rind and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add fish skin side up, avoid getting the skin wet. Set aside.
3. Cut corn from cobs. Place in a large bowl with avocado, coriander, chilli and dress with a dash of vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss very gently.
4. Heat a well-oiled, large frying pan over a medium heat. Pat the skin dry with paper towel, season the skin with salt and place the fillets, skin-side down in the hot pan. Cook for 2 minutes, pressing down with a spatula until skin is crisp. Turn fish over. Pour in the lemon marinade and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until just cooked though.
5. Serve fish on asparagus. Top with avocado and corn salsa.