Broccoli Pesto Rigatoni
250 grams rigatoni
180 grams broccoli
20 grams basil
2 tbsp grated parmesan
1 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pot of salted water onto boil
– wash and cut broccoli into large florets
– wash basil and pick leaves
– peel garlic
– finely chop chilli
1. Place the broccoli in the boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon or sieve. Rinse under cold water and drain.
2. Add pasta to the same boiling water and cook for 12 minutes until al dente. Drain, and reserve a mug of the cooking water. Return pasta to saucepan and cover to keep warm.
3. Add basil (reserving a few leaves to garnish), broccoli, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper to a food processor until finely chopped. Process until coarsely chopped.
4. Stir broccoli pesto through pasta, adding some of the reserved water to make it glossy and loose.
Garnish with chilli and basil leaves.