Spanish Chicken And Currant Salad
400 grams chat potatoes
300 grams free range chicken breast fillets
80 grams baby cos lettuce
20 grams parsley
2 tbsp currants
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 cloves garlic
0.5 red capsicum
extra virgin olive oil*
red wine vinegar*
salt & pepper*
– quarter potatoes or halve the small ones
– cut chicken breast fillets in half horizontally
– rinse and cut capsicum into 2cm pieces
– peel and slice eschalot
– peel and crush garlic
– wash baby cos lettuce and parsley
– wash and cut tomatoes into wedges
1. Half cover potatoes with salted water and put on boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes until just tender
2. Rub chicken with olive oil and half the paprika. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. (When cooking for six, add chicken in two batches). Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
4. Heat olive oil in same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add potatoes, capsicum, eschalot and remaining paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes, or until browned and tender. Add garlic. Stir for 30 seconds. Season. Cool slightly.
5. Slice chicken and add to the lettuce, parsley, tomatoes, capsicum and currants in a bowl. Dress with oil and vinegar and season. Toss gently to combine.