Roasted Capsicum and Broccoli Quinoa
200 grams broccoli
100 grams cherry tomatoes
60 grams baby rocket
50 grams Feta cheese
2 tbsp roasted capsicum strips
1 tbsp almonds
0.75 cups organic quinoa
2 tsp balsamic vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– soak quinoa in cold water
– wash and trim broccoli into large florets
– chop roasted capsicums
– wash and halve cherry tomatoes
– wash baby rocket leaves
– peel and finely chop eschalot
1. Rinse the quinoa under cold running water. Tip into a pan and add double the amount of salted water. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, boil broccoli for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
Combine with broccoli with capsicum, tomatoes, rocket and onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide quinoa among serving plates. Top with broccoli mixture.
4. Drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with crumbled feta and almonds and season well with salt and pepper.