Rigatoni with Chickpea, Broccoli and Parmesan
250 grams rigatoni pasta
200 grams chickpeas
200 grams broccoli
100 grams cherry tomatoes
10 grams basil
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 cloves garlic
1 tbsp almonds
1 brown onion
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– peel and finely chop onions
– wash and chop tomatoes
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– peel and crush garlic
– wash basil, pick leaves and chop
– coarsely chop or crush almonds
1. Cut small florets from broccoli. Coarsely grate stem.
2. Boil pasta according to packet directions. Add broccoli in last minute of cooking. Drain and reserve a little cooking water. Cover pasta to keep warm.
3. Heat oil in an extra large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and broccoli stem. Stir occasionally until soft.
4. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and garlic. Stir occasionally for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
5. Finely grate rind from lemon and squeeze juice into the pasta.
6. Stir pasta and a little of the reserved cooking water into chickpea mixture.
7. Serve pasta topped with almonds, parmesan, basil and lemon rind.