Pork with Creamy Cabbage, Potatoes and Broccoli
300 free range pork medallions
300 grams baby red potatoes
200 grams green cabbage
150 grams broccoli
5 grams sage
2 tbsp capers
1 cloves garlic
1 brown onion
60 ml sour cream or Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– peel, half and thinly slice onions
– wash and thinly shred sage
– wash and halve baby red potatoes
– wash, halve and thickly slice broccoli
1. Toss pork with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add onion and cook over a medium to high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add cabbage and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, over a medium to low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until hot. Stir in sage.
3. Meanwhile, boil potatoes for 5-6 minutes then add broccoli for a further 3 minutes until tender. Drain.
4. Heat a lightly oiled grill pan o non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your taste.
5. Serve pork with vegetables and cabbage mixture.