Pork, Bean and Bacon Bake
300 cocktail potatoes
200 grams free range pork medallions
100 grams free range bacon
200 grams butter beans
100 grams cherry tomatoes
10 grams thyme
2 cloves garlic
1 red onion
2 tsp balsamic vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pre-heat oven to 200C
– peel and thickly slice red onions
– peel and crush garlic
– drain and rinse butter beans
– quarter potatoes
– peel carrot and cut into batons
– wash cherry tomatoes
– cut pork into per person portions
– roughly chop bacon
1. Heat an oiled, oven proof frying pan or roasting pan over a high heat. Rub pork with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Add to pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
2. Add onions, bacon, carrot, garlic and half the thyme to same pan. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in beans, tomatoes, a dash of water and vinegar. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Arrange pork over bean mixture.
3. Cook in a hot oven for about 12-14 minutes, or until pork is cooked to your liking.
4. Meanwhile, half cover potatoes with cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook, covered, for 6-8 minutes. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
5. Serve the bake garnished with remaining thyme sprigs and potatoes on the side.