Polenta Crumbed Fish Tacos with Lime Mayo
300 grams wild caught Pork Phillip flake
150 grams red cabbage
100 grams cherry tomatoes
20 grams coriander
6 El Cielo nixtamalised corn tortillas
1 red chilli
0.5 cup polenta
2 tbsp mayonnaise*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pre-heat oven to 200C
– wash and finely shred red cabbage
– wash and coarsely chop coriander leaves and stems
– wash and quarter cherry tomatoes
– wash and finely chop chilli
1. Cut fish into 3cm thick strips. Place in a bowl with combined polenta and salt & pepper. Toss to coat. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Cook in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through.**
2. Finely grate zest from lime, squeeze juice and stir both into the mayo. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, combine cabbage with coriander, olive oil, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
4. Heat tortillas on a dry pan (or sandwich press) for about 20 seconds each side. Keep warm in a clean tea towel. Fill tortillas with slaw, tomatoes and fish and top with a little mayo. Add as much or as little chilli as you like!
** if you prefer, you can cook the fish in olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.