Pepper Steak Taco With Roast Capsicum Aioli
300 grams aged grass fed beef rump
100 grams button mushrooms
60 grams wild rocket
30 grams roasted capsicum
20 grams grated tasty cheese
6 El Cielo mista corn tortilla
1 cloves garlic
0.5 Lebanese cucumbers
3 tbsp mayonnaise*
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– remove any excess fat from beef rump steak
– slice button mushrooms
– rinse baby rocket
– peel and grate carrots
– wash and peel cucumbers into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
– drain and chop roasted capsicum
– peel and crush garlic
1. Rub steak with oil. Press on black pepper.
2. To make aioli, place capsicum and garlic in a small food processor. Process until smooth. Stir into mayonnaise.
3. Heat a non-stick, frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add steak. (When cooking for six, add steak in two batches.) Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Heat olive oil in same frying pan over a high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned and tender.
5. Wipe the same frying pan clean and heat tortilla for 30 seconds on each side until softened. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
6. Thinly slice steak. Serve with mushrooms, rocket, cheese, carrot, cucumber, wraps and aioli. Roll up your sleeves and…