Mustard Fish with Curry Rice, Apple and Almonds
300 grams wild caught blue grenadier^
80 grams green beans
20 grams coriander
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp slivered almonds
1 tbsp currants
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 cups basmati rice
1 red apple
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
^depending on market availability
– pop a small pan of salted water on to boil
– trim and cut green beans diagonally into 5cm lengths
– wash, core, quarter and thinly slice red apple
– wash and coarsely chop coriander
– cut lemon into wedges
1. Use ratio of 1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice. Add both to a saucepan along with curry powder and salt and bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to low and cook for 14 minutes. Then stand covered for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, boil beans for about 4 minutes until tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Combine with apples, coriander, almonds and currants. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine fish with mustard seeds and a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fish skin side down and press down firmly for 30 seconds with a spatula. Cook for about 4 minutes or so or until the skin is crispy.Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked.
5. Serve fish with rice and bean mixture. Squeeze over lemon wedges.