Lime & Coriander Steamed Salmon With Udon Noodles
300 grams Atlantic salmon
100 grams udon noodles
20 grams coriander
10 grams ginger
1 red chilli
0.5 red capsicum
0.5 bunch baby bok choy
extra virgin olive oil*
– pre-heat oven to 200C
– rinse finely chop coriander, reserve some leaves for garnish
– peel and grate ginger
– peel and grate carrot
– peel and chop onion
– rinse and cut red capsicum into thin strips
– rinse, trim and halve snow peas diagonally
– rinse and cut baby bok choy into quarters
– wash and zest lime, squeeze juice
1. Measure one 25cm long piece of foil per person and lightly oil. Place a salmon fillet in the centre of each sheet.
2. Combine lime juice and zest with coriander, half the ginger and olive oil. Bring up sides of foil to meet in the centre and fold over edges. Fold in ends to seal. Place parcels, seam-side up, on a large oven tray.
3. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes or 14 if you prefer it well cooked.
4. Heat remaining oil in a wok over a high heat. Add onion, carrot and capsicum. Stir-fry until almost tender. Add peas, bok choy and remaining ginger. Stir-fry until vegetables are just tender. Add noodles and soy sauce. Stir-fry until hot.
5. Serve salmon and cooking juices over noodles. Garnish with extra coriander and chopped chilli if you like it hot.