Haloumi, Orange and Rocket Salad
200 grams haloumi
60 grams rocket
20 grams mint
2 tbsp walnuts
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
1 tsp red wine vinegar*
0.5 tsp honey*
salt & pepper*
– cut haloumi into 1cm thick slices
– wash rocket
– wash mint
– roughly chop walnuts
1. To segment oranges, use a sharp knife to cut off both ends of orange. Thickly cut away rind, removing white pith. Hold it in one hand over a bowl, cut in between membranes to remove segments. Reserve orange juice for dressing.
2. To make dressing, combine mustard, oil, vinegar, and honey. Stir in reserved orange juice.
3. Season haloumi cheese with freshly ground pepper.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add haloumi and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
5. Place rocket in a large bowl with haloumi, oranges, mint and walnuts. Gently toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing.