Dukkah Chicken with Quinoa and Beetroot
300 grams free range chicken breast
60 grams rocket
50 grams Feta cheese
2 roma tomato
1 tbsp dukkah
0.75 cup organic quinoa
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
1. Half cover beetroot with salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain.
2. Drain and rinse the quinoa, add to a saucepan with double the amount of salted water. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 12-14 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, toss chicken in combined dukkah and oil to evenly coat.
4. Heat a lightly oiled, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Reduce heat to low. Cover with lid. Cook for a further 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through. Remove. Cover loosely with foil, for 5 minutes.
5. Squeeze juice from lemon into quinoa, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper. Gently stir warm beetroot, tomatoes, feta and rocket through quinoa.
6. Gently stir warm beetroot, tomatoes, feta and rocket through quinoa. Serve with chicken and any remaining lemon wedges.