Coconut-Crusted Salmon with Fresh Pea Salad
300 grams Atlantic salmon fillets
80 grams sugar snaps
80 grams snow peas
20 grams coriander
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp red curry paste
0.5 red onions
0.5 cup Panko breadcrumbs
20 grams butter*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– preheat the oven to 180C
– melt butter in a bowl in the microwave
– wash and trim sugar snap peas and snow peas
– peel, halve and thinly slice red onion
– wash coriander
– grate zest from lemon
1. Place fish in a bowl. Add curry paste and a dash of soy sauce to loosen the consistency. Coat well.
2. Combine coconut, breadcrumbs, butter and rind in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat fish, one at a time, in coconut mixture, pressing crumbs on firmly. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
4. Cook in the oven for 14 to 16 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned and salmon is cooked to your liking.
5. To make salad, place all the peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for a minute. Drain well. Return to bowl with onion, add lemon juice and olive oil. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve salmon with fresh pea salad and coriander leaves.