Barley and Peanut Salad with Curry Dressing
20 grams mint
2 tbsp roasted peanuts
1 red onions
1 cloves garlic
1 cups pearl barley
1 tbsp currants
1 tsp curry powder
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– wash mint leaves
– peel and finely chop red onion
– chop peanuts or smash them in the bag!
– peel and coarsely grate carrots
– peel and crush garlic
1. Add barley to the boiling, salted water. Gently boil for about 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water until cool. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. To make dressing, squeeze juice from lemon. Combine curry powder, garlic (as much or as little as you like) and plenty of salt and pepper. Whisk well.
3. Add mint to barley with onion, peanuts, carrot, currants and dressing. Toss to combine.
4. Serve salad with yoghurt.