Aloo Chole With Herbed Vegetables
400 grams baby potatoes
200 grams chickpeas
20 grams coriander
20 grams mint
2 green spring onions
2 Lebanese eggplant
2 tsp curry powder
1 red capsicum
1 tsp caster sugar*
1 tsp water
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– wash and chop spring onions, separating white from green
– quarter baby potatoes
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– wash, halve lengthways and chop zucchini
– wash and cut red capsicums into 2cm strips
– wash and thickly slice eggplant diagonally
– wash and chop coriander and mint
1. To make herb puree, squeeze juice from lemon. Use a small food processor to puree the juice, coriander, mint and sugar.
2. Bring potatoes and salted water to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain well.
3. Heat oil in same stockpot over a medium to high heat. Return potatoes with white onion bases, chickpeas and curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Season. Stir in onion tops. Cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, toss zucchini, capsicum and eggplant with olive oil. Season.
5. Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add vegetables and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender.
6. Serve potato mixture and vegetables topped with herb puree.