Aloo Chole with Herbed Vegetables
400 grams baby potatoes
200 grams chickpeas
20 grams coriander
20 grams mint
2 Lebanese eggplant
2 tsp curry powder
2 green spring onions
1 red capsicum
1 tsp caster sugar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– wash and slice spring onions, separate white from green
– quarter baby potatoes
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– wash, halve and slice zucchini
– wash and cut red capsicums into 2cm strips
– wash, halve and thickly slice eggplant
– wash and coarsely chop coriander and mint
1. Cover potatoes with a little salted water and cook covered for about 8 minutes until tender. Drain well.
2. To make herb puree, squeeze juice from lemon. Process together with olive oil, mint, coriander and sugar until smooth.
3. Heat olive oil in same pan over a medium to high heat. Return potatoes with white onion bases, chickpeas and curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Season. Stir in onion tops. Cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, toss zucchini, capsicum and eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat an oiled grill plate or frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add vegetables and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally until coloured and tender.
6. Serve potato and vegetables topped with herb puree.