Sweet Potato and Chickpea Kofta with Curry Lime Dressing
250 grams sweet potato
200 grams chickpeas
200 grams green cabbage
100 grams red cabbage
20 grams coriander
1 spring onion
1 tsp curry powder
0.75 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– wash and finely shred green and red cabbage
– wash and thinly slice green spring onions diagonally
– peel and chop sweet potatoes
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– wash and coarsely chop coriander leaves and stems
1. To make kofta, boil sweet potato for about 5-7 minutes until tender. Drain well. Place in a food processor with chickpeas and coriander. Pulse until combined. (Mixture will be a little coarse.) Transfer to a bowl. Stir in crumbs, half the curry powder and egg. Season. Roll heaped tablespoons into 5cm-long log shapes.
2. To make dressing, squeeze juice from lime. Combine with yoghurt and the remaining curry powder in a bowl. Dress the cabbage and onions with half the dressing and toss well. Reserve half the dressing to serve with kofta.
3. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat to shallow-fry. Add kofta in batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
4. Serve salad with kofta and remaining dressing.