Pork Basil and Red Curry Stir-Fry with Coconut Rice
300 grams free range pork stir-fry strips
200 ml light coconut milk
150 grams snow peas and broccolini
100 grams cherry tomatoes
20 grams basil
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 cup jasmine rice
0.5 cup water
extra virgin olive oil*
– wash, trim and halve snow peas
-wash, trim and cut broccolini into 3
– wash and halve tomatoes
– wash basil and pick leaves
1. To make coconut rice, combine coconut milk and measured water with the rice in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, over a very low heat for about 14 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. Toss pork with olive oil. Heat a large wok over a high heat until very hot. Stir-fry pork (in batches if cooking for 4 or more) for about 2 minutes, or until browned but not cooked. Remove.
3. Heat oil in same wok over a medium heat. Add curry paste and fry until fragrant. Add snow peas, broccolini, and tomatoes. Stir-fry for about a minute then return pork to wok. Stir-fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes until the pork is cooked. Stir in basil.
4. Serve pork stir-fry over coconut rice.