Penne with Chickpea and Zucchini
250 grams penne^
200 grams chickpeas
50 grams Feta cheese
2 tbsp pitted kalamata olives
2 roma tomatoes
1 cloves garlic
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
^farfalle as pictured unavailable
– pop a large pot of salted water on to boil
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– drain and chop olives
– wash and thinly slice zucchini
– wash and chop tomatoes
– peel and finely chop garlic and eschalot
– wash and zest lemon
1. Boil pasta for 11 minutes until al dente. Drain and reserve a mug of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook garlic, lemon zest and eschalot in a little olive oil on a low heat until soft and beginning to colour. Add zucchini and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add chickpeas and olives. Add to the cooked pasta. Squeeze over lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and a little of the starchy pasta water and toss to coat. Taste, and season with salt and pepper if needed.
4. Serve topped with crumbled feta.