Pan-Roasted Ratatouille with Risoni
200 grams diced tomatoes
20 grams basil
2 Lebanese eggplant
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp grated parmesan
1 cups risoni
1 red onions
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 red capsicums
salt & pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– rinse and cut eggplant into 3cm pieces
– wash and cut capsicum into 3cm pieces
– wash and cut zucchini into 3cm pieces
– peel and slice onion
– peel and crush garlic
– wash and tear basil, leaving some aside for garnish
1. Cook risoni in boiling water for 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
2. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until soft. Add fennel. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
3. Add vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Add diced tomatoes and stir until hot.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl with risoni and basil. Stir to combine. Serve with parmesan and scatter with basil.