Moroccan Chickpea Vegetable Tagine
250 ml tomato passata
200 grams chickpeas
100 grams green beans
2 tsp Moroccan spice mix
1 tbsp currants
1 tbsp almonds
1 brown onions
1 cups couscous
1 cups boiling water
extra virgin olive oil*
salt and pepper*
1. To make couscous, pour over boiling water, season and stir once. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add spice mix and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Stir in passata, chickpeas, currants and a dash of water. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
4. Add beans and zucchini. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until tender.
5. Serve tagine over couscous. Sprinkle with almonds.