Lemon Fish with Tomato and Olive Salad
300 grams wild caught skin-on blue grenadier
80 grams green beans
20 grams parsley
2 tsp capers
2 tbsp pitted kalamata olives
2 roma tomatoes
0.5 bunches broccolini
1 tbsp red wine vinegar*
20 grams butter*
ciabatta (or any other) bread*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– preheat the oven to 200C
– pop a pan with alittle salted water on to boil
– drain capers and olives
– tear bread into pieces
– peel and thinly slice eschalot, stand in vinegar
– wash and cut tomatoes into wedges
– wash and chop parsley
– trim beans and broccolini
– zest lemon
1. To make croutons, place bread on an oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until light golden.
2. Boil beans and broccolini for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Pat the skin side of the fish dry and season well with salt & pepper. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add fish skin side down and cook for about 4 minutes pressing down to keep skin in contact with the pan. Check the skin is crispy but not burnt. Flip and cook for a further minute or 2, or until cooked..
4. Add butter, lemon zest and lemon juice to same hot frying pan. Whisk until butter is melted and sauce boils. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in capers.
5. Combine the onion, tomato, olives, capers, eschalot and parsley with croutons. Lightly dress with olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve fish with the sauce and salad.