Lamb with Italian Bean Salad
400 grams Desiree potatoes
300 grams lamb rump steaks
200 grams mixed beans
100 grams green beans
20 grams pitted kalamata olives
20 grams parsley
2 Roma tomato
1 red capsicum
1 tsp red wine vinegar*
salt & pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– pre-heat oven to 220C
– wash, halve and thinly slice potatoes
– wash, trim and cut green beans into 5cm lengths
– wash and finely chop tomato, season well with salt and stand in a bowl
– wash and finely chop parsley
– drain and rinse olives
– drain and rinse bean mix
– wash and finely chop red capsicums
1. Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread in a single layer on a lined baking tray. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until browned.
2. Meanwhile, heat an oiled, non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Season lamb with salt & pepper and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
3. Boil green beans in a little salted water for about 3 minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
4. Squeeze excess liquid from the chopped tomato. Add to all the remaining ingredients except potatoes in a large bowl. Using ratio 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, dress the salad and toss to combine.
5. Serve lamb with potatoes and salad.