Haloumi, Orange, Rocket and Walnut Salad
160 grams haloumi
80 grams snow peas
60 grams rocket
20 grams mint
1 tsp Greek spice mix
2 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp red wine vinegar*
0.5 tsp honey*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– cut haloumi into 1cm thick slices
– wash rocket
– wash and trim snow peas
– rinse mint
– roughly chop walnuts or bash in the bag!
– wash and zest orange
1. To segment orange, use a sharp knife to cut off both ends of orange. Thickly cut away rind, removing white pith. Hold the orange in one hand over a bowl, cut in between membranes to remove segments. Reserve the juice for dressing.
2. To make the dressing, combine orange juice, zest, olive oil, mustard, honey, and vinegar. Use a ratio of 1 part juice to 3 parts oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour boiling water over the snow peas and stand for a minute.
4. Sprinkle spice mix over both sides of haloumi. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add haloumi and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
5. Place rocket and snow peas in a large bowl with haloumi, oranges, mint and walnuts. Gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with dressing.