Garlic Tofu with Spicy Coconut Vegetables
300 grams firm tofu
80 grams snow peas
30 ml coconut cream
10 grams Thai basil
1 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
0.5 bunches broccolini
0.5 bunches bok choy
1 tbsp cornflour*
1 tbsp soy sauce*
extra virgin olive oil*
– wash broccolini
– wash and chop bok choy
– wash and trim snow peas
– wash and thinly slice long red chillies diagonally
– wash Thai basil and remove leaves
– peel and crush garlic to a paste with a little salt
1. Separate heads of broccolini from stems, and cut stems in half. Trim bok choy and cut crossways into thirds. Separate leaves from stems.
2. Cut tofu into 4cm pieces. Toss tofu in cornflour seasoned well with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add tofu gently with garlic. If cooking for 4 or more, add in batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
4. Heat remaining oil in same hot wok over a high heat. Add broccolini stems and bok choy stems. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until just tender. Add broccolini heads and bok choy leaves with snow peas. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until just tender. Add combined milk, sauce and chilli. Stir-fry for a further 1 minute, or until hot. Stir in half the basil.
5. Serve tofu with vegetables and remaining basil.