Eggplant, Lentil and Olive Ragu
250 grams farfalle
200 grams brown lentils
20 grams basil
20 grams shaved parmesan
5 grams rosemary
2 tbsp pitted kalamata olives
1 cloves garlic
0.5 brown onion
1 tsp brown sugar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pop a pan of salted water on to boil
– peel and finely chop onions and garlic
– wash and chop eggplant
– wash rosemary, strip leaves and finely chop
– drain and rinse brown lentils
– wash and chop tomatoes
– roughly chop kalamata olives
– wash, remove leaves and tear basil
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add eggplant, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
2. Add lentils, tomatoes, sugar and a little water. Season. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in olives.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water for 9-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
4. Serve pasta topped with ragu, basil and parmesan.