Aloo Chole with Fragrant Vegetables
400 grams chat potatoes
200 grams chickpeas
20 grams coriander
20 grams mint
2 green spring onions
2 Lebanese eggplant
1 tsp curry powder
1 red capsicum
1 tsp caster sugar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– wash and chop spring onions, separating white from green
– quarter potatoes
– drain and rinse chickpeas
– wash, slice lengthways and halve zucchini
– wash and cut capsicums into 2cm strips
– wash and thickly slice eggplant diagonally
– wash coriander and mint
1. To make herb puree, squeeze juice from lemon. Process with herbs, sugar, olive oil and salt and pepper in a small food processor until smooth. Use a dash of water if needed to loosen the consistency.
2. Bring potatoes and salted water to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain well.
3. Heat oil in same stockpot over a medium to high heat. Return potatoes with white onion bases, chickpeas and curry powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Season. Stir in onion tops. Cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, toss zucchini, capsicum and eggplant with olive oil. Season.
5. Heat an oiled grill plate or non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add vegetables in batches. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender.
6. Serve potatoes and vegetables topped with herb puree.