Pan-Fried Fish with Cashew Noodle Salad
300 grams wild caught rockling fillets
100 grams rice noodles
10 grams ginger
2 tbsp roasted unsalted cashews
2 green spring onions
1 red chilli
1 Lebanese cucumbers
2 tsp rice wine or white vinegar*
1 tsp brown sugar*
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
– pop a pan of water on to boil
– peel and finely grate ginger
– wash, halve and chop Lebanese cucumbers
– wash and chop tomatoes
– wash and thinly slice green spring onions diagonally
– finely chop chilli
1. Boil noodles for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and toss with a little oil to avoid sticking.
2. To make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, ginger, brown sugar and a dash of soy sauce. Add cucumber, tomato, cashews and noodles and toss with the dressing.
3. Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add fish in 300g batches. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Test by opening the deepest part of the fillet with the tip of a knife.
4. Divide warm noodle salad among bowls. Top with pieces of flaked fish and scatter with spring onion and as much or as little chilli as you like. Serve with lime wedges.