Greek Vegetable Couscous Salad
50 grams Feta cheese
30 grams parsley
20 grams kalamata olives
2 Roma tomatoes
2 tsp Greek spice mix
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cups pearl couscous
1 cups water
1 cloves garlic
1 Lebanese cucumber
salt & pepper*
extra virgin olive oil*
– wash Lebanese cucumber
– peel, halve and thinly slice eschalot
– wash and halve cherry tomatoes
– rinse and halve kalamata olives
– wash parsley and remove leaves
– peel and crush garlic
1. Heat olive oil in saucepan over a medium heat. Add spice mix, couscous, salt & pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add water and bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 7 – 8 minutes, or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Check the couscous is cooked and add a dash more water as required. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. Spread couscous over a plate and set aside to cool while preparing the salad.
3. Cut cucumber in half lengthways. Scrap away seeds. Thinly slice diagonally.
4. Place cucumber in a large serving bowl with eschalot, tomatoes, olives and parsley. Add couscous. Toss well. Crumble over feta. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt & pepper.