Easy Rocky Road
This is the only Rocky Road recipe you’ll ever need. Perfect for Australia Day… be the hero AFTER the barbecue . And it keeps great in the fridge and can be made well in advance. Enjoy!
Melted butter, for greasing
125g milk coffee biscuits
250g pink and white marshmallows
100g packet red glacé cherries, halved
1⁄2 cup roasted hazelnuts, skinned, roughly chopped
750g milk chocolate melts
1. Grease a 25 x 16cm slice tin with butter and line with baking paper. Roughly chop biscuits and put in a large bowl.
2. Using wet scissors, snip marshmallows in half. Add to biscuit with cherries and hazelnuts, and stir until well combined.
3. Put 500g of the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour chocolate over biscuit mixture and, working quickly, stir until well combined.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared tin and spread out evenly over base using a spoon.
6. Put remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spoon onto slice and use a spatula or spoon to spread out evenly.
Put slice in fridge for 1 hour, or until set. When firm, cut into 20 squares to serve.