Whether you’re a monarchist or an anarchist, enjoy a touch of class in just 15 minutes.
- 3 cups self-raising flour, plus extra to dust
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Strawberry jam and whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220C. Sift flour into a large mixing bowl. Dust an oven tray with extra flour. Add butter to sifted flour. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre. Add milk and mix using a flat-edged knife until mixture comes together to form a soft, loose dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly (about 30 seconds) until dough is smooth.
3. Using the palm of your hand, press dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a 5cm biscuit cutter, cut 12 rounds from dough. Put dough rounds, 1cm apart, on prepared tray. Dust with a little extra flour. Bake for 12 minutes, or until scones are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with jam and cream.
Scones will be served in the drawing room. That will be all.
SECURE PAYMENT WITH
We accept payments from all major credit card providers
GET IN TOUCH
Call us: 03 8824 9838
Or chat using the widget below