195 calories per serve
We love chicken, and this week we are giving it a lovely tangy twist by smothering it in our classic vinaigrette before grilling it to perfection. Our oregano tomatoes will ooze flavour over a bed of spinach and potatoes. Pro tip: you may want some bread to mop up all this juicy flavour from your plate!
400 grams Desiree potatoes
300 grams free range chicken breast
100 grams cherry tomatoes
80 grams baby spinach
10 grams oregano
0.5 Lebanese cucumber
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
First a little prep
– chop potatoes into 2cm pieces
– wash and quarter cherry tomatoes
– rinse and pick oregano leaves
– wash baby spinach
– wash and thinly slice Lebanese cucumber
Now let’s cook
1. – Boil potatoes in a little salted water for 4-5 minutes until tender. Drain well. Pat dry.
2. – To make vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper in a cup.
3. – Cut each chicken breast horizontally in half to give two thin schnitzel-style pieces. Pour a little of the vinaigrette over the chicken. Stand for 5 minutes to marinate.
4. – Combine tomatoes and oregano with remaining vinaigrette.
5. – Heat oil in a extra large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add potatoes. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
6. – Meanwhile, cook chicken on an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
7. – Toss potatoes with spinach and cucumber. Top with chicken and tomatoes.