195 calories per serve
The humble kaffir lime is an often-overlooked joy of Australian cuisine, so in this dish we are giving it a starring role. The lime leaves, when carefully sliced, are so fragrant that you’ll be attracting dinner guests before you even start cooking! Served up with juicy Aussie lamb and creamy coconut quinoa, we promise you’ll be coming back for seconds.
300 grams lamb stir fry strips
130 ml coconut cream
2 green spring onions
1 cloves garlic
1 kaffir lime leaf
0.75 cup quinoa
0.5 cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce*
extra virgin olive oil*
First a little prep
– peel and crush garlic
– wash and shred carrots
– wash, halve and thinly slice zucchini diagonally
– wash and thinly shred kaffir lime
– wash and thinly slice green spring onions
– rinse quinoa under cold water
Now let’s cook
1. – Zest lime, and squeeze juice. Combine with soy sauce and garlic in a small jug. Pour half over the lamb and toss to coat. Stand for 5 minutes.
2. – To make quinoa add coconut cream, measured water and quinoa to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Season and keep warm.
3. – Heat an oiled, large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add lamb in 300g batches. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Wipe wok clean.
4. – Reheat oiled wok over a high heat. Add carrots. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and the kaffir lime leaves. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until almost tender. Return lamb with half of the spring onion and remaining sauce. Stir-fry until hot.
5. – Serve lamb and vegetables over quinoa. Garnish with spring onion.