Haloumi and Vegetable Skewers with Quinoa
120 grams haloumi
100 grams button mushrooms
10 grams oregano
1 tbsp horseradish
1 cloves garlic
0.75 cup organic quinoa
0.5 yellow capsicums
0.5 red onion
1 tsp red wine vinegar*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– soak quinoa in cold water
– cut haloumi into 3cm cubes
– wash and thickly slice zucchini
– wash and cut capsicum into 3cm pieces
– peel red onion, cut into quarters and seperate layers
– peel and crush garlic
– wash and chop oregano, reserving a little for garnish
1. To make dressing, combine horseradish, vinegar, olive oil, oregano and garlic in a small bowl.
2. Rinse the quinoa under cold running water. Tip into a pan and add double the amount of salted water. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
3. Thread haloumi, zucchini, capsicums, onion and mushrooms alternately onto skewers. Brush with half the dressing.
4. Heat a grill plate or non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. If you like, you could barbecue. Add skewers and cook, turning regularly, for about 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and tender.
5. Serve skewers over quinoa with the remaining dressing. Garnish with reserved oregano.