Grilled Tofu with Gado Gado Salad
300 grams baby red potatoes
300 grams firm tofu
100 grams green beans
20 grams coriander
2 roma tomatoes
2 tbsp satay sauce
1 red chilli (optional)
1 Lebanese cucumbers
2 tsp soy sauce*
1 tsp brown sugar*
– cut baby red potatoes into quarters
– wash and trim green beans
– cut tofu into 1cm thick slices
– wash and cut tomatoes into thin wedges
– wash, halve and slice cucumbers diagonally
– wash coriander, pick leaves and finely chop stems
– finely chop red chilli
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan. Half cover with salted water and bring to boil. Gently boil for about 8 minutes, or until almost tender. Add beans in last minute of cooking. Drain.
2. Mix the satay sauce with coriander stems, lime juice and soy sauce. Taste, and if you think it needs a little sweetness, add a little brown sugar.
3. Heat an oiled grill plate (or barbecue) over a medium to high heat. Add tofu carefully so it doesn’t break. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Use an oiled spatula to slide the tofu off the grill plate or barbecue.
4. Divide potatoes, beans, tomatoes and cucumber among serving plates. Top with tofu. Drizzle with sauce and scatter coriander leaves. Sprinkle red chilli if you like it hot!