Crispy Chicken with Ranch Mash
This chicken and mash is totally addictive *and* super healthy! Crispy paprika schnitzels are topped with sweetly braised vegetables and an easy peasy ranch mash. The family will be lining up for seconds!
400 grams Desiree potatoes
300 grams free range chicken breast
200 grams red cabbage
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 corn cobs
1 green spring onions
1 garlic cloves
0.75 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt*
extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
– pre-heat oven to 220C
– lightly beat eggs
– wash and shred red cabbage
– remove kernels from corn cobs
– peel and chop potatoes
– wash and thinly slice spring onions
1. To make mash, place potatoes in a stockpot. Half cover with salted water. Boil gently until very tender, add the garlic clove in the final few minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to same pan. Mash until smooth. Place pan over a low heat. Add whites of spring onion and Greek yoghurt, and season well with salt & pepper. Stir until combined. Cover to keep warm.
2. Cut each chicken fillet horizontally through the side to give two thin pieces. Dip chicken into egg. Press to coat in combined crumbs and paprika. Place on an oiled oven tray. Lightly brush with oil.
3. Cook in oven, turning halfway through, for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and cooked.
4. Meanwhile, heat an non stick frying pan over a high heat. Add cabbage, corn and a dash of water. Cook, stirring, for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt & pepper.
5. Serve chicken and mash. Garnish with green parts of the spring onion.