195 calories per serve
The earthy flavours of the kale and almonds are served with rich sweet potates and a tangy dressing that make for a healthy chicken dish the whole family will love.
300 grams sweet potato
300 grams free range chicken breast fillets
180 grams broccoli
50 grams kale
5 grams rosemary
1 tbsp roasted almonds
1 tbsp red wine vinegar*
1 tsp honey*
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
salt & pepper*
First a little prep
– pre-heat oven to 200C (Cooking a whole chicken breast in the pan will take forever as well as dry it out. I would suggest adding a step here to slice chicken breast in half on an angle
– wash and cut sweet potato into 1cm-thick rounds
– wash and finely chop rosemary
– wash and trim broccoli into small florets
– wash and chop kale, (Gently massage kale leaves (60 seconds or until shiny) will turn them from tough and bitter to sweet and tender
– roughly chop almonds or smash in the bag!
– peel and thinly slice eschallot
Now let’s cook
1. Toss sweet potato in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking tray (or two). Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine chicken with rosemary and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
4. This will be much nicer if you serve the broccolli warm instead of cold. Boil broccoli in a little salted water for 2-3 minutes until only just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and honey. Add broccoli, kale, almonds and eschallot. Toss to coat.
6. Serve with chicken and sweet potato.